Balsamic-Marinated Flank Steak Recipe
Balsamic-Marinated Flank Steak
Prepare the steak and marinade and bring to your next cookout or tailgate party. Make an extra batch and keep it in the freezer. Just thaw in the fridge before the next time you fire up your grill.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- BALSAMIC MARINADE:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dry
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Combine marinade ingredients in food-safe plastic bag. Seal bag and squish contents to combine. Place steak in bag with marinade; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or up to overnight, turning occasionally.
- When ready to cook, remove steak from bag and discard marinade. Preheat grill.
- Place steak on grill over medium heat. Grill, covered, 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium rare to medium doneness (135-150°F). Remove steak, tent with foil, and allow to rest 10 minutes.
- To serve, cut thin slices crosswise, against the grain. Season with additional salt and pepper, as desired.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 65 mg
Sodium: 45 mg
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 23 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.