Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Rum Mix Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Rum Mix
Makes about 2 1/3 cups mix (enough for 8 drinks)
This winter-warmer whips up in minutes. Pack it into a jar, attach directions and you have a great gift. For that really special someone on your list, take it over the top by including a pint of special rum and a couple of holiday-themed mugs.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Rum, to serve
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and mix in pumpkin puree.
- Add spices and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon into a freezer-safe, airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes before using.
- To give as a gift, spoon into a decorative jar and seal with lid. Attach directions for making drinks (see below) and a cinnamon stick with a ribbon. Store in freezer until ready to gift.
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Rum Directions:
- Let buttered rum mix soften at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of mix into a mug. Pour in 5 ounces of simmering water and stir until smooth. Add a shot of your favorite rum and serve with a dollop of whipped cream, if you like.