Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Rum Mix Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Rum Mix
Makes about 2 1/3 cups mix (enough for 8 drinks)
This winter-warmer whips up in minutes. Pack it into a jar, attach directions and you have a great gift. For that really special someone on your list, take it over the top by including a pint of special rum and a couple of holiday-themed mugs.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Rum, to serve
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and mix in pumpkin puree.
- Add spices and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon into a freezer-safe, airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes before using.
- To give as a gift, spoon into a decorative jar and seal with lid. Attach directions for making drinks (see below) and a cinnamon stick with a ribbon. Store in freezer until ready to gift.
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Rum Directions:
- Let buttered rum mix soften at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of mix into a mug. Pour in 5 ounces of simmering water and stir until smooth. Add a shot of your favorite rum and serve with a dollop of whipped cream, if you like.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 23 g
Saturated Fat: 14 g
Cholesterol: 60 mg
Sodium: 310 mg
Carbohydrates: 43 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 41 g
Protein: 1 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.