Sparkling Agua Fresca Recipe
Sparkling Agua Fresca
Serves 6 to 8
- 5 cups cubed watermelon, cantaloupe or honeydew melon
- 2 1/2 cups Metropolitan Market Sparkling Water or cold water
- Lime juice, to taste
- Simple syrup (See Cook’s Tips) or other sweetener, to taste (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves or lime slices
- Place melon in a blender. Whirl to a puree. Pour into a bowl or pitcher.
- Add sparkling water, lime juice and simple syrup or other sweetener. Taste and add more lime juice or simple syrup. Serve garnished with mint leaves or lime slices.
- MINT AGUA FRESCA:
- In a saucepan combine 1/4 cup mint leaves, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat, cool, then chill. Strain to remove mint leaves. Stir mint syrup, to taste, into melon puree along with water.
- HONEYDEW-BASIL AGUA FRESCA:
- Follow mint recipe above using basil instead of mint and honeydew melon for the puree.
- STRAWBERRY OR MANGO AGUA FRESCA:
- Use berries or mango instead of melon. Puree fruit and pour through a fine-meshed strainer. Discard pulp.
- Cook’s Tip:
- SIMPLE SYRUP:
- Bring 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cool. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 15 mg
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 1 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.