Creamy Yogurt Panna Cotta Recipe
Creamy Yogurt Panna Cotta
This simple panna cotta is made with Greek yogurt and whole milk for a balance of creamy richness and subtle tang. It's sure to shine on your brunch table or as a light dessert. Both the panna cotta and suggested rhubarb compote can be made a day or two ahead.
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plain, whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Rhubarb Compote
- Sliced fresh berries
- Pour cold milk into a 2-quart saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over milk. Set aside 5 minutes to bloom (gelatin will absorb some of the milk and soften).
- Place over low heat. Add sugar and whisk 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar and gelatin are completely dissolved. Don't let it come to simmer or gelatin will lose its thickening property. Remove from heat.
- Off heat, whisk in yogurt, vanilla, and salt.
- Spoon into six (6-8 ounce) dishes. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill 1 hour or until set. (Can be made a day or two ahead of serving.)
- To serve, top with Rhubarb Compote and fresh berries, if desired.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 75 mg
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Fiber: 0 g
Total Sugar: 17 g
Added Sugars: 11 g
Protein: 8 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.