Quiche with Leek & Roquefort Recipe
- 2 leeks, bottom white part only, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 - 2 tsp butter
- 2 cups half & half
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp flour
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 (8 inch) prepared (unbaked) pie shell
- 1/4 cup crumbled Roquefort or blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat butter in a small skillet over medium heat; add leeks and sauté until soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the half & half, eggs, and flour until blended. Add the sautéed leeks, nutmeg, salt, and white pepper to taste. Pour mixture into the pie shell; sprinkle the Roquefort evenly on top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and set. Serve warm.
- Other filling combinations may be used such as smoked salmon and goat cheese.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 32 g
Saturated Fat: 16 g
Cholesterol: 200 mg
Sodium: 520 mg
Carbohydrates: 37 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 13 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.