Foil-Packed Fish Fillets Recipe
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 whitefish fillets such as cod or sole (5 - 6 ounces each)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 large lemon, cut into 8 thin slices
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or flat-leaf parsley leaves (or a combination)
- Heat grill to medium-high or oven to 400°F. Lay out 4 sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil (about 12-inch square) in a single layer. Spray-coat with non-stick cooking spray or brush with oil.
- Place a fish fillet in the center of each foil square. Slide one lemon slice under each piece of fish and place another lemon slice on top of each fillet. Top each piece of fish with 2 sprigs of thyme.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, capers, and basil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon a quarter of the tomato mixture over each fish.
- Bring two sides of foil up over fish. Tent slightly and fold edges over to form a tight seal. Cook in oven or on grill just until fish is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes (depending on thickness of fish).
- To serve, carefully open each pack, reserving juices and discarding thyme. Serve each over a bed of cooked pasta, rice, or quinoa.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 65 mg
Sodium: 530 mg
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 22 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.