Foil-Packed Fish Fillets - Bake or Grill Recipe
- 4 (12-inch square) pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil
- 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Olive Oil
- 4 (5 to 6 oz each) whitefish fillets, (cod, pollock, sole or rockfish)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 large, thin lemon slices
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 3 Tbsp basil or parsley (or a combination), roughly chopped
- Heat a grill to medium-high or oven to 400°F. Lay the foil sheets out in a single layer and spray-coat with non- stick spray. Pat fish dry; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Place a fillet in the center of each foil square. Slide one lemon slice under and another on top of each fillet. Arrange 2 thyme sprigs on top of each fillet.
- Combine the garlic, tomatoes, capers and basil in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Spoon the tomato mixture over fish. Bring foil sides up over fish, tenting it slightly and crimping edges together tightly to firmly seal. Cook in oven or on grill just until fish is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes (depending on thickness of fish).
- To serve, carefully open each pack, reserving juices and discarding thyme. Serve each over a bed of cooked pasta, rice, or quinoa.