Fish Tacos with Chipotle Cream Recipe
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided use
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless cod fillets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 small corn or flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- Lime wedges
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, chipotle chile, lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine cumin, chipotle chile powder, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Season cod all over with spice mixture.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan. Once hot, add cod. Pan-fry fish, turning once, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes for 1-inch thick fillets. Transfer to a serving dish and flake fish into bite-size pieces.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in 250°F oven or cover with damp paper towel and heat in microwave.
- Spoon cod in warmed tortillas with cabbage and sour cream-chipotle sauce. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 105 mg
Sodium: 970 mg
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 35 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.