Fish Tacos with Chipotle Cream Recipe
Fish Tacos with Chipotle Cream
Your spring and summer staple. In the spring try them with black cod, it adds a buttery flavor and a velvety texture.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/4 tsp salt, divided
- 2 tsp ground cumin seed
- 1 tsp chipotle chile powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Ib skinless cod fillets
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
- Lime wedges
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, chipotle chile, lime juice and 1/4 tsp of the salt. Stir well and set aside while you cook the fish.
- Combine spices and remaining 1 tsp salt together in a small bowl. Season cod all over in the spice mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil to the pan and once hot, add cod. Pan-fry fish, turning once, until cooked through, 8-10 minutes for 1-inch thick fillet. Transfer to a serving dish and flake fish into bite-size pieces.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in a 250°F oven, or cover with a damp paper towel and heat in a microwave. Serve cod with warmed tortillas, cabbage, and sour cream-chipotle sauce.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 105 mg
Sodium: 970 mg
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 35 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.