Grilled Caesar Salad Recipe
Grilled Caesar Salad
The extra step of grilling the greens boosts the flavor profile of the typical Caesar salad. Grilled garlic bread stands in for basic croutons for even more deliciousness.
- 2 heads romaine, halved or quartered lengthwise with cores in tact
- 1 head radicchio, halved or quartered lengthwise with cores in tact
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- garlic bread
- Caesar dressing
- Shaved parmesan cheese
- Preheat clean grill over medium to medium-high heat. You can also use a stove-top grill pan.
- Brush all sides of romaine and radicchio lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
- Grill romaine and radicchio, cut-side down over direct heat, until grill marks form, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and grill another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board and set aside.
- Reduce grill heat to low. Place garlic bread on grill, topping side up. Close grill and bake 2 minutes or until bread is hot and bottom is crispy. Set aside until cool enough to tear into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut radicchio into thin ribbons. Tear bread into croutons.
- To serve, place lettuce wedges on serving plates or platter. Sprinkle radicchio ribbons over romaine. Drizzle with Caesar dressing. Top with shaved parmesan, and scatter garlic bread pieces over salad.