Grilled Vegetable Grazing Platter Recipe
Grilled Vegetable Grazing Platter
This beautiful spread of grilled vegetables with your favorite accompaniments is a wonderful way to enjoy the bounty of summer. Save time by using our pre-cut veggies ready for grilling, found in the Produce Department.
- Metropolitan Market Prepared Vegetables for Grilling (Produce Department)
- 1 eggplant, ends trimmed and cut on diagonal into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, cored and cut into quarters
- 2 - 3 zucchini or yellow squash, ends trimmed and cut on diagonal into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 Walla Walla sweet onions, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- Salt and pepper
- Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Metropolitan Market Balsamic Vinegar
- Your choices of the following:
- 8 oz halloumi cheese
- 8 thin breadsticks
- 8 slices Metropolitan Market Prosciutto
- 1 cup labneh
- Za’atar seasoning or pesto sauce
- 8 - 10 Campari on-the-vine tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- Black olives
- Sweet cherry peppers
- Preheat a clean grill over medium to medium-high heat.
- Place eggplant, bell peppers, zucchini, onions, and halloumi on a baking sheet. Brush lightly on all sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill vegetables for 2-4 minutes on each side or until grill marks form. Grill halloumi for about 2 minutes on each side, until marked. Remove all and set aside.
- Serve tomatoes fresh or grill just until charred; watch carefully so they don’t overcook.
- To serve, wrap prosciutto around breadsticks and arrange on a large serving platter or board. Place the halloumi in a deep plate and drizzle with olive oil. Spoon labneh into a cup and top with Za’atar or pesto; add to platter. Add grilled vegetables along with tomatoes. And small bowls with sweet cherry peppers and olives. Drizzle the vegetables with balsamic vinegar.