Burger Joint Classic Cheeseburger Recipe
- 4 beef patties (8 ounces each)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 large hamburger buns
- 4 slices medium cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 12 slices dill pickle
- Mayo or Thousand Island Dressing
- Yellow or Dijon mustard
- Sliced tomato
- Crisp bacon
- Preheat grill or heat a heavy skillet on stove over medium-high heat.
- Just before cooking, season both sides of meat patties with salt and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on one side. Flip, top burgers with cheese, and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until desired doneness.
- While patties are cooking, place bun halves face down on outer edges of grill. Gently toast for a couple of minutes. Watch closely as they can burn quickly.
- Place cooked burgers on bottom buns. Top with pickles, onion, and other toppings, as desired. Slather remaining bun halves with ketchup and place atop burgers. Serve immediately.