Burger Joint Classic Cheeseburger Recipe
Burger Joint Classic Cheeseburger
Made with our in-house ground beef, our ready-to-cook burger patties in the Butcher Shop adhere to same high standards as the rest of our meat—free of antibiotics and added hormones, naturally raised, and fed an all-vegetarian diet. Use the plain patties to make a classic cheeseburger or try one of our specialty ready-to-cook burgers: Bacon-Blue Cheese, Bacon-Cheddar, Jalapeño-Cheddar, and Mushroom-Swiss.
- 4 ready-to-cook beef burger patties from the Metropolitan Market Butcher Shop (approx. 8 oz each)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 traditional hamburger buns
- 4 slices Tillamook medium cheddar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 12 dill pickle slices (rounds)
- Optional toppings:
- yellow mustard, lettuce, tomato, bacon
- Preheat grill or heat a heavy skillet to medium-high heat on the stove. Just before cooking, season the meat patties with salt and pepper on both sides. Cook burgers for 2-3 minutes; flip, place cheese on top, and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until desired doneness.
- While meat is cooking, place bun halves face down on outer edges of grill for a couple of minutes. Watch closely to gently toast the buns; be careful, they can burn quickly.
- Place cooked burgers on bottom buns. Slather bun tops with ketchup and top burgers with onion, pickles, and other toppings, if desired. Serve immediately
- Cook's Tips:
- If you choose one of our specialty patties, you won’t need the cheddar cheese. Cook as directed above, just be cautious adding the salt, as both cheese and bacon will add some saltiness to the burger. You may want to substitute Dijon for the yellow mustard.