Roasted Tomato and Avocado Tartine Recipe
- 1 cup roasted red tomatoes from the Metropolitan Market Antipasti Bar
- 4 slices Skagit Valley Miche bread, or other whole-grain artisan bread
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 6 basil leaves, very finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil, more for brushing on top
- Drain tomatoes, reserving marinade.
- Brush bread slices with tomato marinade.
- Mix lemon zest, basil, salt and pepper. Spread about half of the zest mixture on the bread slices, dividing evenly. Toast bread slices on a grill or place on a baking sheet in 375°F oven for a few minutes, until toasty.
- Halve avocados and remove pits. Scoop flesh from 3 avocado halves into a bowl along with 2 Tbsp olive oil and mash with a fork. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Thinly slice remaining avocado half.
- Spread mashed avocado on toasts and top with sliced avocado and roasted tomatoes. Season with remaining zest mixture and drizzle with more olive oil.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 27 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 350 mg
Carbohydrates: 36 g
Fiber: 10 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 7 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.