Rum Fizzy Recipe
Makes 8, 5.5 oz cocktails
- 1/2 cup orange-ginger simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 16 oz unsweetened 100% cranberry juice
- 10 oz white rum
- 16 oz chilled dry sparkling wine
- Cranberries for garnish, whole or halved
- Orange-Ginger Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Combine the orange zest, grated ginger, sugar, and water in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 7 minutes. Let cool to room temperature then strain through a fine mesh strainer and discard solids.
- Refrigerate in a sealed container until ready to use, up to 1 week.
- In a pitcher or quart jar, stir together the orange-ginger syrup, cranberry juice, and rum. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 5 days.
- To serve, pour spiced cranberry mixture into coupe glasses and top with a few tablespoons sparkling wine. Stir once and garnish with a few thinly sliced fresh cranberries.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 5 mg
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 20 g
Protein: 0 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.