Caramel and Chocolate-Dipped Holiday Pears Recipe
Caramel and Chocolate-Dipped Holiday Pears
Metropolitan Market Holiday Pears get the royal treatment with a delicious coating of caramel and chocolate. This effortlessly elegant dessert is the pear-fect ending to a meal, whether it's a weeknight family supper or an upscale holiday dinner.
- 2 Metropolitan Market Holiday Pears (stem-on, rinsed and dried)
- 1 package (11 oz) soft caramel candies
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 cup chopped, toasted pecans or other nuts
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate (preferably 70% cacao), chopped
- Optional: flaky sea salt
- Line a plate with parchment paper. Mist with nonstick cooking spray or brush with oil.
- Unwrap caramels and place in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add water and heat, stirring often, until caramels melt to a smooth sauce.
- Holding stem of one pear, dip in warm caramel, coating almost to the top (spoon caramel around pear, if needed); remove pear to prepared plate, scraping ex-cess caramel from bottom. Repeat with second pear.
- Chill pears in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place chopped nuts in a bowl.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions, in a bain-marie (a double boil-er, a heat-proof bowl or small pot set over a pan of simmering water).
- Dip bottom half of each pear in warm chocolate, scraping excess from bottom, then dip in chopped nuts. Return to lined plate.
- Chill 1 hour or until serving time. If desired, sprinkle with flaky sea salt before serving.
- Cook's Tip:
- If you prefer to use a microwave, follow these instructions:
- For Step 2: Place the caramels in a microwave-safe bowl, add the water, and heat for 30 seconds, stir and continue heating in 15-second increments, stirring in between until the caramels melt completely. Continue with step 3 as directed in the recipe.
- For Step 6: Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds, stir and continue heating in 15-second increments, stirring in between, until it is completely melted. Continue with step 7.