Chocolate Fondue Recipe
Luscious liquid chocolate is served in a fondue pot or warmer with a pretty assortment of fresh fruit and other dippers. Individual servings can be presented in pre-heated glasses.
- 1/2 lb semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup espresso coffee
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier or other liqueur, optional
- FOR DIPPING:
- Cubes of pound cake or angel food cake, marshmallows, whole strawberries, sliced apples, kiwi or pears, chunks of banana or melon, dried fruit such as apricot halves or figs.
- In a saucepan, combine chocolate, cream, butter, espresso and liqueur. Place over low heat and stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour fondue into a fondue pot set over a lit candle or canned burner.
- Arrange foods for dipping on a platter. Serve with long forks for skewering and dipping.
- Alternately, warm 4 to 6 stemmed glasses with hot tap water. Dry well. Pour fondue into glasses. Set the glasses on dessert plates and arrange foods for dipping around the foot of each glass. Serve with cocktail forks for skewering and dipping.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 serving, Does Not Include Dippers)
Fat: 24 g
Saturated Fat: 16 g
Cholesterol: 30 mg
Sodium: 0 mg
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 20 g
Protein: 3 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.