Chocolate Fondue Recipe
- 1/2 lb semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup espresso coffee
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier or other liqueur, optional
- FOR DIPPING:
- Cubes of pound cake or angel food cake, marshmallows, whole strawberries, sliced apples, kiwi or pears, chunks of banana or melon, dried fruit such as apricot halves or figs.
- In a saucepan, combine chocolate, cream, butter, espresso and liqueur. Place over low heat and stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour fondue into a fondue pot set over a lit candle or canned burner.
- Arrange foods for dipping on a platter. Serve with long forks for skewering and dipping.
- Alternately, warm 4 to 6 stemmed glasses with hot tap water. Dry well. Pour fondue into glasses. Set the glasses on dessert plates and arrange foods for dipping around the foot of each glass. Serve with cocktail forks for skewering and dipping.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (Does Not Include Dippers)
Fat: 24 g
Saturated Fat: 16 g
Cholesterol: 30 mg
Sodium: 0 mg
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 20 g
Protein: 3 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.