Chocolate Pear Torte Recipe
Chocolate Pear Torte
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 3/4 cup Metropolitan Market maple syrup, plus more for brushing pears
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pears, cut in half, cored,and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and allow to cool slightly. For a microwave option, see the Cook’s Tip below.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, and cardamom.
- Once the chocolate has cooled but is still melted, add maple syrup, vinegar, and egg yolks. Whisk until slightly thickened.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and combine.
- In a clean, dry bowl, whip egg whites with 1/4 teaspoon salt until very stiff. Gently fold egg whites into batter in 3 additions.
- Pour batter into a greased 9-inch springform pan. Decorate the top with pear slices by lay-ing them down and gently fanning out, small amounts at a time. Vary the direction and spacing to create a pattern. Brush the pears with maple syrup. Sprinkle the cake with ha-zelnuts.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool before unmolding. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Cook’s Tip:
- To melt the chocolate in the microwave, heat on high for 10 seconds at a time, stirring in between until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 25 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 95 mg
Sodium: 110 mg
Carbohydrates: 43 g
Fiber: 7 g
Sugar: 30 g
Protein: 12 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.