Coconut Cranberry Chews Recipe
Coconut Cranberry Chews
Makes 5-6 dozen
2020 Holiday Cookie Recipe Contest Winner
Submitted by Patricia J.
This is a recipe that I received from a friend at my very first holiday cookie exchange as a Navy wife. – Patricia J.
Sweet coconut meets tart cranberry in these fun-to-eat, super chewy cookies! See all five 2020 Holiday Cookie Recipe Contest Winners.
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked dried coconut
- chopped dried cranberries and sweetened flaked dried coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter, sugar, orange zest, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into butter mixture, then beat on low speed until dough comes together. Stir in cranberries and coconut.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place, 2 inches apart, on parchment-lined baking sheet. Top with flaked coconut and a sprinkle of chopped cranberries, pressing slightly to stick to the cookie.
- Bake until cookie edges just begin to brown, 8 to 11 minutes (shorter baking time will yield a chewier cookie; longer baking time will yield a crispier cookie). If baking two sheets at once in one oven, switch their positions halfway through baking.
- Let cookies cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then use a spatula to transfer to racks to cool completely.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 72 servings)
Fat: 4.5 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 50 mg
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 9 g
Protein: 1 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“A family fave! thanks met market for the recipe. delicious. ”
“These cookies are so amazing. the flavors, the texture…just so festive and special for the holiday season. it is best to mix the dry ingredients with a heavy duty stand mixer, until thoroughly combined. otherwise, the texture will be off, in the case of one reviewer. enjoy! ”
“Included these in our annual cookie plate for friends and neighbors. delicious and will make again. ”
“I thought these cookies were delicious. very easy to make. when baking, keep in mind that they will firm up when cooling. thank you for a new christmas cookies in our home.”
“Cookies were good made with real butter. a little dry but it could have been the flour. a little surprised they won but an easy recipie ”