Pecan Tart Recipe
- 1 homemade or ready-to-use unbaked refrigerated or frozen pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup (light or dark)
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz) pecan halves or pieces
- Gently press pre-made dough into a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom (or roll homemade dough on a lightly floured surface into a circle and fit into pan). Chill until ready to fill and bake.
- Adjust oven rack to center position. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Break eggs into a large bowl. Whisk to blend. Whisk in sugar, corn syrup, butter, and vanilla until blended. With spoon, stir in pecans. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake on center rack in oven until filling is just set, 35 to 45 minutes. Shield edges of crust with foil during baking to prevent over browning, if needed.
- Remove pie from oven and cool on wire rack.
- To serve, cut into wedges and serve with ice cream or whipped cream, as desired.
- Cook’s Tips:
- Another convenient crust option is pie crust mix, available in a box in the baking section of the store.
- Pie can be made 1 day ahead, cooled and refrigerated. Reheat in a 375°F oven for a few minutes to re-crisp the crust.
Ratings and Reviews
“This recipe is so easy & delicious!!!”