Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter, cut into tablespoon-size pieces
- 3 to 5 Tbsp ice-cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed golden-brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups half and half or evaporated milk
- Whipped cream, for serving
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour and salt. Sprinkle butter over flour. With a pastry blender or your clean hands, mix butter into the flour mixture until the ingredients look like cracker crumbs with lumps of butter the size of peas and almonds.
- Sprinkle 3 Tbsp water over dough and stir with a fork. Squeeze a handful of dough with your hand; it should keep together and feel moist. Add additional water as needed until dough holds together and you can gather it up to form a ball.
- Place the ball on plastic wrap, flatten into a disc and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F while you roll out the pie dough.
- On a lightly floured work surface roll dough into a 12-inch circle. Carefully transfer to 9-inch pie plate. Crimp the overhanging edges into a decorative border above the rim. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and spices. Add the eggs, pumpkin, and half and half and whisk well.
- Place chilled pie plate on a baking sheet and pour in the pumpkin filling. Transfer to the oven and bake until the center is set but still wobbles slightly when you tap the side of the pie dish, 45 to 50 minutes. Transfer pie to a rack to cool, the filling will set as the pie cools. Cool for at least 2 hours before serving, or refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 45 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Cholesterol: 115 mg
Sodium: 360 mg
Carbohydrates: 42 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 24 g
Protein: 6 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.