Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe
Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast
Excellent all year round, this easy recipe features a garlic-herb rub and a quick gravy, because after all, what’s turkey without gravy?
- 1 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic from about 5 large cloves
- 2 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsp fresh chopped sage
- 1 Tbsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 (4-6 lb) whole turkey breast, bone-in, skin-on
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or turkey stock
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place bone-in turkey breast on a cutting board, skin side up. Place your palm on the center of the turkey and firmly press down until the bones crack. This flattens the turkey for easier roasting and carving.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper and rub the mixture all over the turkey breast. (If time allows, wrap and refrigerate overnight for the most flavor.)
- Place seasoned turkey in a roasting pan, skin side up. Add 1/2 cup water to the pan. Roast until the juices run clear when turkey is pierced with fork and a thermometer inserted into thickest part of turkey registers 165°F, about 1 1/2 hours. (Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup additional water to pan during roasting if needed to prevent drippings from burning.)
- Remove from roasting pan, cover with foil, and set aside to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- While the turkey rests, make the gravy. Place roasting pan on stovetop over medium heat. Add the wine to the pan and bring to a simmer, stirring with a wooden spoon to loosen any cooked-on bits from the bottom of the pan. Once most of the wine has evaporated, add stock to the pan, along with any juices from the resting turkey, and bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch mixture and cook until gravy thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Transfer to a warmed gravy boat.
- Slice turkey breast, transfer to a warmed serving platter, with the gravy on the side.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 120 mg
Sodium: 1000 mg
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 0 g
Protein: 48 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“Easy to prep., lots to eat & great tasting!”
“This was my first time making turkey breast. it was surprisingly easy and delicious!”