Steamed Mussels w/ White Wine & Cream Recipe
- CLASSIC MARINADE:
- 3 lbs fresh mussels, cleaned
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh chervil, basil or parsley, minced
- Crusty bread (optional)
- Mussels grow a “beard” which should be trimmed off and the shell scrubbed before cooking.
- Place the mussels in a large saucepan with the shallots, garlic, and white wine. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes until the shells open; discard any mussels that do not open.
- Remove the steamed mussels to 4 serving plates and keep warm. Meanwhile, add the cream to the cooking broth and reduce by half. Whisk the butter into the sauce, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the sauce over the mussels.
- Sprinkle with chervil and serve at once with a loaf of crusty bread.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 20 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Cholesterol: 95 mg
Sodium: 540 mg
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 22 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“Mussels make for such an easy to cook, quick dinner. this recipe is always a hit at my house!”