Miso Brussels Sprouts Tarte Tatin Recipe
Miso Brussels Sprouts Tarte Tatin
This beautiful tarte tatin filled with umami goodness is as easy as it is delicious.
- 12 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 Tbsp neutral-tasting oil
- 2 Tbsp miso paste
- 1 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed as package directs (see Cook’s Tips)
- Kosher salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Garnishes (optional):, furikake (dried seaweed flakes) or sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush the bottom and sides of an 8-inch cast iron pan with 3 Tbsp oil. Tightly arrange Brussels sprouts in pan, cut side down.
- In a small bowl, whisk together miso paste, maple syrup, and water. Brush mixture over Brussels sprouts. Roast for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, spread the puff pastry and prick with a fork. Cut to a 10-inch circle. Gently place pastry over Brussels sprouts and tuck around the edges of the pan. Be careful as the pan will be very hot.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until pastry is golden brown; cover loosely with foil after 15 minutes if pastry browns too quickly.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan, then invert onto a serving plate. See Cook’s Tips. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and garnish with furikake or sesame seeds. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
- Cook’s Tips:
- We recommend Dufour Puff Pastry Dough, made with real butter. Both gluten-free and classic options are available in the freezer section.
- As you flip the tarte tatin, a few brussels sprouts may stick to the pan. Lift them with a spatula and place on the tart.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 29 g
Saturated Fat: 14 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 60 mg
Sodium: 440 mg
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Fiber: 2 g
Total Sugar: 4 g
Added Sugars: 2 g
Protein: 6 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.