Sheet-Pan Chicken Za'atar and Grapes Recipe
Sheet-Pan Chicken Za'atar and Grapes
- 3 heads garlic
- 4 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp za’atar seasoning
- Kosher salt
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 lb green grapes, divided into 4-5 clusters
- Chopped fresh mint, cilantro, or parsley
- To serve:
- Metropolitan Market pita, naan, or flatbread
- Tzatziki sauce from the Metropolitan Market deli
- Thinly sliced cucumber, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Adjust rack to middle position. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove loose papery layers around garlic, leaving each head intact. Trim off top 1/4 to 1/3 of each garlic head, exposing cloves. Drizzle a teaspoon or two of olive oil over the exposed part of garlic, rubbing it into and around cloves.
- Place garlic heads, cut side down, on lined baking sheet. Place chicken thighs, skin side up, on sheet with garlic. Drizzle chicken with 1-2 Tbsp oil. Sprinkle with za’atar, salt, and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Add onion wedges and grape clusters to pan. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn garlic heads over, cut side up, to brown. Return to oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. Check grapes and vegetables after 10 minutes and remove from oven when garlic is soft and onions and grapes begin to soften and caramelize. Cook chicken until the internal temperature measured with instant-read thermometer at thickest part of meat, not touching bone, registers 165°F.
- Place chicken thighs, onions, garlic, and grapes on a platter. Sprinkle with mint. Serve with pita, tzatziki, and cucumbers. Spread the roasted garlic cloves on pita or chicken.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Total Fat: 23 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 115 mg
Sodium: 190 mg
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Fiber: 1 g
Total Sugar: 11 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 21 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.