Mediterranean Lamb Burger Recipe
Mediterranean Lamb Burger
A delicious alternative to the traditional burger, lamb burgers enhanced with plenty of Mediterranean flavor are a great summer party hit! Find our in-house ground American lamb patties in the Metropolitan Market Butcher Shop, and ask one of our cheesemongers for the Myzithra in the cheese department.
- 4 lamb patties, (approximately 8 oz each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 brioche buns
- 1/4 -1/2 cup harissa
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 preserved lemon peel thinly sliced (remove the flesh before slicing)
- 1/2 - 1 oz. Myzithra (Greek cheese similar to ricotta salata or you may substitute feta)
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- Preheat grill or heat a heavy skillet to medium-high heat on the stove. Just before cooking, season the lamb patties with salt and pepper on both sides. Cook burgers for 2-3 minutes; flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Toast the buns. Spread mayonnaise and 1 Tbsp harissa on the bottom halves of each bun. Place lamb burgers on top and add more harissa, if desired. Then top with the preserved lemon peel, cheese, and cucumbers. Enjoy right away.
- Cook's Tip:
- Please taste your harissa before adding it to your burger. The flavor profile and heat varies from brand to brand.
Ratings and Reviews
“This recipe calls for 1/2 cup of harissa! clearly a typo. if anyone were to do that, it would be a disaster for dinner. otherwise the recipe looks good.”