Spiced Lamb Flatbread with Fresh Mint Recipe
- 3 (6-inch) Metropolitan Market pita rounds
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 lb ground lamb
- 1 cup Metropolitan Market hummus
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint (or basil or parsley), finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush pitas with 1 Tbsp oil and place on baking sheet.
- Prepare the lamb: In a large bowl combine tomato paste, garlic, salt, cumin, paprika, cinnamon and pepper. Add the lamb and blend with the spices, being careful not overmix. (Lamb can be prepared up to a day ahead; cover and chill until ready to cook.)
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 Tbsp oil to skillet. Add the seasoned lamb and cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through, crumbling it with a wooden spoon to small, bite-sized pieces. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
- Bake the oiled pitas until toasty, about 7-8 minutes. Leave pitas whole or cut into wedges. Spread hummus on pitas, followed by cooked lamb mixture. Top with a dollop of Greek yogurt, a drizzle of lemon juice and chopped mint.
Ratings and Reviews
“Very easy, very tasty!”