Spiced Lamb Flatbread with Fresh Mint Recipe
Spiced Lamb Flatbread with Fresh Mint
Serves 3 (entrée) 6 (appetizer)
Quickly cooked ground lamb sits atop toasted pita with hummus, yogurt, and fresh mint. Serve pizzettas for dinner or cut into wedges for a stunning appetizer that begs for a great red wine.
- 3 (6-inch) Metropolitan Market pita rounds
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 lb ground lamb
- 1 cup Metropolitan Market hummus
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint (or basil or parsley), finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush pitas with 1 Tbsp oil and place on baking sheet.
- Prepare the lamb: In a large bowl combine tomato paste, garlic, salt, cumin, paprika, cinnamon and pepper. Add the lamb and blend with the spices, being careful not overmix. (Lamb can be prepared up to a day ahead; cover and chill until ready to cook.)
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 Tbsp oil to skillet. Add the seasoned lamb and cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through, crumbling it with a wooden spoon to small, bite-sized pieces. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
- Bake the oiled pitas until toasty, about 7-8 minutes. Leave pitas whole or cut into wedges. Spread hummus on pitas, followed by cooked lamb mixture. Top with a dollop of Greek yogurt, a drizzle of lemon juice and chopped mint.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 22 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Sodium: 420 mg
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 18 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“Very easy, very tasty!”
“Excellent, very quick prep”
“Super easy and super delicious”