Overnight Oats Recipe
Serves 2, easy to double
Meal prep for breakfast! Store this easy recipe in your favorite commute-friendly jars for a great grab-and-go morning meal. Chia seeds absorb liquid and contribute to the texture, so we recommend you add them.
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (quick oats are not recommended)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey, plus more to taste
- Pinch of salt
- OPTIONAL (toppings or mix-ins):
- Fresh whole or sliced berries, diced peaches or nectarines, sliced banana
- Toasted nuts, coconut, hemp, flax or other seeds
- Your favorite nut butter, tahini, jam
- Stir together oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, sweetener, and salt. Transfer to two individual serving containers. Cover and chill for several hours or, for best texture, overnight.
- Stir in mix-ins and add toppings. Enjoy right away or re-cover to pack and go!
- Overnight Oat Combos:
- Tropical: Top with pineapple, mango, toasted coconut, and macadamia nuts.
- Pumpkin Pie: Stir in 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree and a dash of pumpkin pie spice. Top with toasted pecans.
- Peanut Butter, Chocolate, and Banana: Stir in peanut butter and chocolate chips or cocoa nibs. Top with banana slices and chopped peanuts.
- Raspberry Almond Joy: Stir in almond butter. Top with cocoa nibs or chocolate chips, toasted almonds, and fresh raspberries.
- Nutty Spiced Apple or Pear: Add a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice. Top with diced apple or pear and toasted walnuts.
- Cook’s Tip:
- For a protein boost, add 1/2 to 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 2 servings)
Total Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 20 mg
Sodium: 110 mg
Carbohydrates: 47 g
Fiber: 9 g
Total Sugar: 15 g
Added Sugars: 6 g
Protein: 17 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.