Baked Kurobuta Ham Recipe
- 1 whole or half Kurobuta ham
- BOURBON GLAZE (OPTIONAL):
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dry English mustard
- 1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- Whisk together glaze ingredients. Spoon over the ham 20-30 minutes before it is ready.
- Remove Kurobuta Ham from the refrigerator for 1 hour prior to cooking and bring to room temperature.
- Adjust oven rack to the bottom 1/3 of oven to make room for ham. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Remove the wrappings and discard. Place the ham, fat side up, in a roasting pan (if baking half of a ham, place flat side down). Place in preheated oven. Bake whole hams for 3-1/2 to 4 hours (bake half hams for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours) or until temperature at the center reaches 140°F. Use an instant-read thermometer or meat thermometer for accuracy.
- To Glaze Ham (optional): Brush Bourbon Glaze or another glaze over ham during the last 30 minutes of cooking time. For a glossier appearance, increase oven temperature to 400°F for 5 minutes, or until surface is glossy; watch closely to prevent burning.
- Remove ham from oven, tent with foil and let rest for 15-30 minutes before carving. Slice and serve.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 28 servings)
Fat: 8 g
SaturatedFat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 60 mg
Sodium: 920 mg
Carbohydrates: 0 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 0 g
Protein: 20 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“My favorite ham!”