Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 lb fillet of beef, cut into strips:
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz sour cream or crème frâiche
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb egg noodles, cooked as package directs
- In a bowl, combine beef, paprika, shallot and 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Marinate for 15-20 minutes or cover and chill for up to overnight.
- When ready to make stroganoff, heat the remaining oil and the butter in a large skillet. When the butter starts to foam, add the meat and stir-fry quickly, about 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes, until soft and browned. Add the sour cream, salt and pepper to taste. Heat through and serve at once over cooked egg noodles.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 27 g
SaturatedFat: 11 g
Cholesterol: 115 mg
Sodium: 120 mg
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 4 g
Protein: 29 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.