Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Try This Simple Recipe For A Russian Favorite – Beef With Mushrooms In Sour Cream Sauce. It’s Traditionally Served Over Cooked Egg Noodles – Or Serve With Rice.
- 1 lb fillet of beef, cut into strips:
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz sour cream or crème frâiche
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb egg noodles, cooked as package directs
- In a bowl, combine beef, paprika, shallot and 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Marinate for 15-20 minutes or cover and chill for up to overnight.
- When ready to make stroganoff, heat the remaining oil and the butter in a large skillet. When the butter starts to foam, add the meat and stir-fry quickly, about 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes, until soft and browned. Add the sour cream, salt and pepper to taste. Heat through and serve at once over cooked egg noodles.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 27 g
SaturatedFat: 11 g
Cholesterol: 115 mg
Sodium: 120 mg
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 4 g
Protein: 29 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“I've been making this recipe for more than 25 years -- ever since i found it at the old queen anne thriftway. it's the best. never fails, everyone loves it. this is one for your repertoire of favorites. ”