Holiday Goose Recipe
- 7 - 8 pounds goose
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 medium yellow onion, rougly chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 cup sweet white wine such as Riesling
- OPTIONAL (for serving):
- Cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rub inside and outside of goose with salt and pepper.
- Scatter onion, carrot, celery, and garlic across bottom of a roasting pan with at least 2-inch sides. Place goose, breast side up, on top of vegetables. Roast 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325°F. Continue cooking, basting occasionally with pan drippings, 2 hours or until temperature in the thigh, without touching bone, reaches 165°F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Allow goose to rest at least 10 minutes before carving. Serve with cranberry sauce, if desired.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (Based on 6 Servings)
Fat: 55 g
Saturated Fat: 17 g
Cholesterol: 230 mg
Sodium: 200 mg
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 64 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.