Olive Tapenade Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs*
- 1/3 cup prepared olive tapenade or basil pesto
- 3/4 to 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape beef mixture into 8 x 4-inch loaf on rack in broiler pan. Bake in 350°F oven 1 to 1-1/4 hours, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into slices. Serve with additional olive tapenade, if desired.
- Delicious with potatoes, polenta or a good crusty bread and salad.
- *To make bread crumbs, place 2 oz of bread (crust removed), onion roll or other roll in food processor or blender container. Cover; pulse on and off to form fine crumbs.