Grilled Avocado and Portobello Salad Recipe
- 3 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 avocado, ripe but not really soft
- 1/3 cup Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 serrano pepper
- 2 scallions, white and light green part thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat grill and prepare vegetables. Remove stems from portobellos and brush with olive oil on both sides. With skin on, cut avocado into 8 wedges lengthwise. Carefully remove skin and brush with olive oil on both sides.
- Place mushrooms (stem-side down) and avocado on grill. Flip avocado slices after 3-5 minutes to get grill marks on both sides. Cook mushrooms for 5 minutes; flip and season with salt. Cook for an additional 5-8 minutes, until tender when pierced. If you don't have enough room on your grill to evenly space the mushrooms and avocado, grill them separately.
- Add serrano pepper and scallions for the last few minutes of grilling, and cook until slightly blistered.
- After grilling, cut mushrooms into quarters. Cut serrano and scallions into 1/4-inch slices.
- Mix half the serrano pepper (or more to your liking), scallions, tamari, and lemon juice.
- Place the portobellos and avocado on a platter. Top with serrano dressing and drizzle with the remaining 3 Tbsp of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 26 g
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 260 mg
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 3 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.