Baked Oysters with Pimento Cheese Recipe
Baked Oysters with Pimento Cheese
We love these easy baked oysters! Ask our fishmongers to shuck the oysters for you, keeping the bottom shell. Or, put whole oysters in a hot oven for a minute just until they open, then carefully remove the top shell. (Use care: shells may be hot.) Find the pimento cheese in our Prepared Foods Department.
- 1 dozen medium fresh oysters
- 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market Pimento Cheese
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Coarse salt or uncooked rice (to help level the oysters while baking)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Shuck oysters, leaving oysters in bottom shell and discarding tops.
- To keep oysters from tipping while baking, sprinkle a layer of coarse salt or rice on a rimmed baking sheet. Place oysters on salt or rice, if using, or directly on the baking sheet.
- Spoon 1/2 tablespoon pimento cheese on each oyster.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until oysters are cooked and cheese is bubbly and begins to brown.
- Serve warm, with a squeeze of lemon, if desired.