Cauliflower and Celery Root Mash Recipe
Cauliflower and Celery Root Mash
- 1 head cauliflower, about 2 lb
- 1 celery root (celeriac), about 1 lb
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast, optional
- Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- fresh thyme leaves
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Peel celery root and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium- to medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil, sauté cauliflower and celeriac and season with salt and pepper. Cook uncovered for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, and adjusting heat if needed to prevent burning.
- Add 1/2 cup water, cover, and adjust heat so mixture simmers gently; cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until tender; you may need to add more water.
- Remove from heat; set aside to cool until it is safe enough to process in a blender or food processor. (To blend while hot, use an immersion blender.)
- Puree cooled vegetables in food processor or blender until smooth, adding a bit more water or your favorite broth, as needed. To season, add salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast, to taste.
- Serve warm sprinkled with thyme. Swirl in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Serve warm.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Can be made up to 2 days ahead, keep chilled. Reheat gently before serving.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Protein: 3 g
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Net Carbohydrates: 6 g
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 65 mg
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sugars: 3 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.