Smoky Turmeric Chicken with Kale & Red Bell Pepper Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or 1 3/4 lbs skin-on thighs)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp grated, peeled fresh turmeric root or 1 tsp dried
- 2 tsp grated, peeled fresh ginger root or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Coconut Oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch (1/2 lb) Lacinato or dinosaur kale, ribs removed, leaves coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market balsamic vinegar, more to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken with garlic, turmeric, ginger, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add coconut oil. When oil melts, add chicken. Cook chicken for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Stir in kale and bell pepper strips.
- Cover pan and steam until kale wilts and chicken is cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes. (Chicken is done with temperature at thickest part registers 165°F on an instant-read thermometer.)
- Transfer to a serving dish. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 145 mg
Sodium: 750 mg
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 35 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“Good flavor on the chicken. kale needed more liquid to steam.”
“This dish was so delicious and easy to make! with a side of oven-baked brussels sprouts makes this a healthy meal. the colors are vibrant and chicken is just right. i actually put in twice the amount of kale because why not. perfect for a weeknight dinner. will definitely be making again!”