Penne with Spinach and Bacon Recipe
Penne with Spinach and Bacon
Add bacon to your next pasta dish to elevate the savory and salty flavors. Balance out with fresh spinach to make for a vibrant and comforting meal.
- 8 - 10 slices bacon (10 ounces), cut into 1/4 inch matchsticks
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Fill a large pot with water and place over high heat. While waiting for it to come to boil, proceed with step 2.
- In a large, deep skillet over medium heat, cook bacon, stirring often, until crisp. Remove bacon to drain on a paper towel-lined plate and set aside. Drain excess fat from pan.
- Return skillet to stove top. Pour in marinara, cover, and warm over low heat.
- Add salt to pot of boiling water. Cook penne according to package directions.
- Drain penne and add to skillet with sauce. Stir in spinach and cooked bacon. Serve with grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (Based on 8 Servings)
Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 740 mg
Carbohydrates: 51 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 5 g
Protein: 24 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“What's not to like? i used fresh spinach added some broccoli too. ”