Carrot Top Pesto Recipe
Carrot Top Pesto
makes 1 1/2 cups
You'll find many uses for this unique pesto made with tender carrot tops and roasted pistachios. It's delicious drizzled over our Roasted Smashed Potatoes and Carrot Ginger Soup. Enjoy a dollop on crostini with cheese or eat with pita and hummus.
- 2 cups tender carrot top leaves
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted pistachios
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more as needed to reach desired consistency
- In a food processor, combine carrot tops, pistachios, lemon zest, and salt. Process for a few seconds, until nuts are finely chopped. Add parmesan and pulse a few times to combine. Scrape side of bowl as needed.
- With machine running, slowly add oil through feed tube until you reach an emulsion of desired consistency. Taste and add salt, as needed.
- Cook's Tip:
- If you prefer, use a combination of carrot tops and either parsley or basil.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (Based on 12 Servings (2 tablespoon portions))
Fat: 17 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 120 mg
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 0 g
Protein: 2 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.