Garlic Lemon Bucatini Pasta with Toasted Breadcrumbs Recipe
Garlic Lemon Bucatini Pasta with Toasted Breadcrumbs
Serves 4 to 6
Any long pasta will work well in this recipe, but we prefer bucatini—a thicker, hollow spaghetti that becomes the star ingredient with a simple lemon caper sauce.
- 16 ounces bucatini
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest (3 - 4 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta as package directs. Before straining, reserve 1 cup of cooking water.
- While pasta cooks, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, deep sauté pan. Add breadcrumbs to toast, stirring frequently until crisp and golden. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer breadcrumbs to a bowl. Stir in parsley and pine nuts. Set aside.
- Wipe pan with a paper towel, and heat remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté one minute. Add capers, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Add drained pasta to sauté pan and toss with sauce. Add reserved pasta cooking water, as needed. Taste and adjust seasoning to preference.
- Top with toasted breadcrumbs. Serve immediately with parmesan.
- Cook's Tip:
- To make your own breadcrumbs, pulse leftover dried rustic bread in a food processor.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Total Fat: 19 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 95 mg
Carbohydrates: 87 g
Fiber: 1 g
Added Sugars: 1 g
Total Sugar: 4 g
Protein: 11 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.