Garlic Lemon Bucatini with Toasted Breadcrumbs Recipe
Garlic Lemon Bucatini with Toasted Breadcrumbs
- 1 box (16 oz) Metropolitan Market Bucatini
- 6 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided use
- 1/2 cup panko or coarse breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp drained capers
- 2 to 3 Tbsp grated lemon zest (3 to 4 lemons)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (or more to taste)
- Topping (optional):
- Shaved parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta as package directs. Before straining, reserve 1 cup of cooking water.
- While pasta cooks, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large, deep sauté pan. Add breadcrumbs to toast, stirring frequently until crisp and golden. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer breadcrumbs to a bowl. Stir in parsley and pine nuts. Set aside.
- Wipe pan with a paper towel, and heat remaining 4 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté one minute. Add capers, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Add drained pasta to sauté pan and toss with sauce. Add reserved pasta-cooking water as needed. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Top with toasted breadcrumbs. Serve immediately with Parmesan and extra pepper, as desired.
- Cook’s Tip:
- To make your own breadcrumbs, pulse leftover dried rustic bread in a food processor.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Total Fat: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 95 mg
Carbohydrates: 87 g
Fiber: 1 g
Total Sugar: 4 g
Added Sugars: 1 g
Protein: 11 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.