Grilled Indian-Style Chicken Skewers with Peaches Recipe
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, canned or fresh, chopped and drained
- 3 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut or vegetable oil, plus more for brushing peaches
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin seed
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala (optional)
- 2/3 cup (6 oz) peach chutney
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders or chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Peach O Rama Peaches, halved and pitted
- Steamed basmati rice, cilantro
- To make marinade, place ginger, garlic and tomatoes in bowl of food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add remaining marinade ingredients and process until well blended.
- Remove and set aside 1/4 cup marinade for basting. Transfer remaining marinade to a glass bowl (or stainless steel bowl), add the chicken and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and thread onto skewers. Grill chicken, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes per side, basting with reserved marinade the last few minutes of cooking. Brush peaches with oil and place on the grill, cut side down. Grill, turning once, until hot through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice and cilantro.
Ratings and Reviews
“These are delicious! so much flavor and pretty easy to make.”