Grilled Indian-Style Chicken Skewers with Peaches Recipe
Grilled Indian-Style Chicken Skewers with Peaches
A zesty and versatile marinade for grilled chicken that contrasts beautifully with grilled peaches. If using bamboo skewers, soak in water 30 minutes before using.
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, canned or fresh, chopped and drained
- 3 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut or vegetable oil, plus more for brushing peaches
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin seed
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala (optional)
- 2/3 cup (6 oz) peach chutney
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders or chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Peach O Rama Peaches, halved and pitted
- Steamed basmati rice, cilantro
- To make marinade, place ginger, garlic and tomatoes in bowl of food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add remaining marinade ingredients and process until well blended.
- Remove and set aside 1/4 cup marinade for basting. Transfer remaining marinade to a glass bowl (or stainless steel bowl), add the chicken and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and thread onto skewers. Grill chicken, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes per side, basting with reserved marinade the last few minutes of cooking. Brush peaches with oil and place on the grill, cut side down. Grill, turning once, until hot through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice and cilantro.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 85 mg
Sodium: 270 mg
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 15 g
Protein: 42 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“These are delicious! so much flavor and pretty easy to make.”