Shakshuka Farro with Chickpeas Recipe
- 2 cups dry farro
- 2 cans (15 oz ea) chickpeas, well-drained
- 1 jar (24 oz) Metropolitan Market Shakshuka Sauce
- Toasted pine nuts or walnuts
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley, mint, or cilantro
- feta cheese
- Cook farro in lightly salted water as package directs. Drain well.
- While farro cooks, heat Shakshuka sauce on the stove or in a microwave-safe container. Pour sauce into a 1 1/2 quart heat-resistant serving dish. Stir farro and chickpeas into warm sauce. To serve, sprinkle with nuts and parsley (and feta, if you like). Serve warm.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 48 servings)
Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 430 mg
Carbohydrates: 51 g
Fiber: 9 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 12 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.