BBQ Pork Sliders Recipe
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- To Serve:
- 3 cups BBQ sauce
- 8 Brioche slider buns
- 1 cup coleslaw
- In a small bowl, combine salt, brown sugar, and pepper. Rub all over meat. Refrigerate seasoned pork overnight for best results.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions to heat charcoal or gas grill for cooking over indirect, low heat (200°F to 275°F). Plan for 4 1/2 to 6 hours of cooking time, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours per pound of meat. Check your grill owner's manual for how to place a drip pan under the grill rack (some grills come with a drip pan) to catch fat released during cooking to avoid flare-ups.
- Place pork on area of grill used for indirect cooking. Close grill and roast pork, checking every 1 to 1 1/2 hours, to adjust heat, as needed, and turn pork for even cooking. Meat is done when crust is deep brown and pork is tender enough to pull apart with a fork.
- Remove meat from grill and let rest at least 20 minutes.
- Shred meat. Drizzle barbecue sauce over pork and toss to blend.
- Halve and toast rolls. Pile on meat, coleslaw, and extra BBQ sauce to build sliders.
- Chef's Note: