Wilted Spinach Salad with Bacon Recipe
- 1 lb baby spinach or kale leaves, washed
- 8 slices Metropolitan Market bacon, diced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated or shredded Asiago cheese, to taste, (optional)
- Place the spinach leaves in a large salad bowl. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium to mediumhigh heat, stirring often, until crisp. Pour off excess fat.
- Stir in shallots and garlic and cook for 10 seconds; stir in vinegar and olive oil until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the hot dressing over the spinach leaves. Add cranberries, pecans and cheese. Toss until well coated. Serve immediately.