Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 2 - 3 eggs, scrambled and seasoned to preference
- 1/4 cup whole cooked black beans
- 1/4 cup crumbled, cooked sausage
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 2 Tbsp salsa
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter, melt and tilt pan to allow it to spread evenly.
- Place tortilla into pan. Once it is lightly toasted on the bottom, flip it and toast the other side, sliding an additional tablespoon of butter underneath to help it brown.
- Remove warm tortilla to a plate. Sprinkle with cheese and fill with remaining ingredients.
- Fold the bottom of the tortilla up over the fillings, about a third of the way up. Then fold in each side snugly, one side at a time to keep it all together.