Halibut Enchiladas Salsa Verde Recipe
Halibut Enchiladas Salsa Verde
Grab a can of green enchilada sauce, diced chiles, beans, and some pepper-Jack cheese for a quick enchilada meal.
- 1/2 tsp each: garlic salt, lemon pepper seasoning, and chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lb halibut fillets
- 1 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Olive Oil
- 1 can (about 18 to 19 oz) green salsa (enchilada or tomatillo)
- 1 can (2 oz) diced green chiles (mild or hot to taste)
- 8 (7 to 8-inch size) corn or flour tortillas
- 1 can (15 oz) seasoned black beans, drained
- 8 oz Pepper-Jack or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Blend garlic salt, lemon pepper, chipotle chili pepper and cumin. Sprinkle on all sides of halibut to season. Cook halibut in olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, just until fish is opaque throughout. Cool slightly; then break halibut into chunks.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (or 375°F if using a glass baking dish). Pour and spread 3/4 cup of the green sauce on bottom of a 9x13-inch pan. Heat a large saucepan to medium-high; pour in remaining green sauce and chiles. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, until hot. One by one, dip the tortillas in the sauce, place on plate, fill with about 1/8 of halibut chunks and about 1/4 cup of beans. Sprinkle on 1 Tbsp cheese; roll up. Place enchiladas snugly next to each other in the baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until sauce is bubbling and enchiladas are heated through. Sprinkle on cilantro when serving.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 24 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Cholesterol: 105 mg
Sodium: 1490 mg
Carbohydrates: 56 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 9 g
Protein: 45 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“Super good i just need some more halibut ”