Miso-Marinated Salmon Recipe
Now you can make this Japanese restaurant favorite at home! Be sure to allow 4 to 6 hours for the salmon to marinate – the wait is worth it. In the summer, try cooking the salmon on a well-oiled grill. Serve with sautéed green veggies and cooked rice.
- 1 cup white miso
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup sake
- 1/4 cup mirin*
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk together miso, ginger, garlic, sake, and mirin. Add salmon, skin side up. Cover and chill for 4-6 hours to marinate.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil and once hot, add salmon. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve warm.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Mirin is sweet rice wine often used in Japanese cooking. If unavailable, substitute dry sherry.