Steamed Mussels w/ White Wine & Cream Recipe
- CLASSIC MARINADE:
- 3 lbs fresh mussels, cleaned
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh chervil, basil or parsley, minced
- Crusty bread (optional)
- Mussels grow a “beard” which should be trimmed off and the shell scrubbed before cooking.
- Place the mussels in a large saucepan with the shallots, garlic, and white wine. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes until the shells open; discard any mussels that do not open.
- Remove the steamed mussels to 4 serving plates and keep warm. Meanwhile, add the cream to the cooking broth and reduce by half. Whisk the butter into the sauce, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the sauce over the mussels.
- Sprinkle with chervil and serve at once with a loaf of crusty bread.
Ratings and Reviews
“Mussels make for such an easy to cook, quick dinner. this recipe is always a hit at my house!”