Creamy Goat Cheese Polenta Recipe
Creamy Goat Cheese Polenta
This tangy, creamy version of traditional polenta pairs great with Mediterranean casseroles and wine-infused stews. Try it with our Chicken Moruno Sheet-Pan Dinner for a delicious meal. If you have a rice cooker, take a look at the Cook's Tip below for a hands-free method.
- 3 to 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1 cup yellow polenta
- 4 oz Metropolitan Market Goat Cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Heat stock with a pinch of baking soda in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. When mixture comes to a boil, add polenta, stirring constantly. Adjust heat and simmer, stirring, for 1 minute. Reduce heat to lowest setting, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover and stir. Re-cover and continue to cook for 20 minutes or until polenta is very soft.
- Remove from heat, and stir in goat cheese, parmesan, and butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with more parmesan sprinkled on top.
- Cook’s Tip:
- To cook polenta in a rice cooker, combine polenta, stock, baking soda, and salt in the cooker. Cook as for white rice. When done, stir in cheeses and butter, keep warm.