Nettle and Ramp Chimichurri Recipe
Nettle and Ramp Chimichurri
Serves 1/2 cup (4 )
- 1/2 cup cooked nettle leaves, about 3 oz fresh nettles with stems or 2 oz fresh nettle leaves (See Cook’s Tip for blanching instructions)
- 4 ramps, ends trimmed
- 1 clove garlic, large, minced
- 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dash of red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Finely chop cooked nettle leaves, ramps, and garlic. Combine in a bowl. Stir in olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Cook’s Tip:
- To blanch nettles, bring a large pot of water to a boil. With tongs or gloved hands, add nettles. Stir and simmer for 2 minutes. While the nettles cook, prepare a bowl of ice water. Drain nettles and plunge into ice water to cool. Drain again. Remove leaves from stems and squeeze out liquid. Pat dry on a clean towel. Save cooking liquid for tea, if you like.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 28 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 0 mg
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Fiber: 1 g
Total Sugar: 1 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 256 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.