Grilled Endive and Rapini Salad Recipe
Grilled Endive and Rapini Salad
If you've never prepared rapini or endive, this recipe is an easy introduction to both. These vegetables turn sweeter when grilled, making them the perfect balance for the sherry vinegar and furikake in this salad. It's a wonderful side dish paired with Grilled Salmon.
- 1 bunch rapini
- 2 endives
- 4 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar (red wine vinegar may be substituted)
- 1 Tbsp furikake
- Salt and pepper
- Heat grill on high. Cut the endive in half lengthwise, rinse inside and out, and pat dry. Rinse the rapini and dry with a clean towel or in a salad spinner.
- Toss the vegetables with 3 Tbsp olive oil.
- Reduce heat of grill to medium or low. Place endives cut side down on one side of the grill and rapini on the other side. Cover and cook for 5 minutes; turn vegetables and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove vegetables from grill. Spread rapini on a platter. Slice endive into 1/2-inch strips and spread on top of rapini.
- Season with remaining oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle the furikake on just before serving.