Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish Cream Recipe
Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish Cream
A great steak needs little more than this easy, classic horseradish cream to make a memorable meal. Serve with roasted potatoes and your favorite green vegetable.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks at least 1-inch thick (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- HORSERADISH CREAM:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped, more for garnish
- Flaky finishing Salt
- In a small bowl, stir together ingredients for horseradish cream; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pat steaks dry with paper towels. Sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
- In a large cast-iron or heavy-bottom, oven-safe skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Arrange steaks in pan and sear, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place pan in oven and cook steaks 5 to 7 minutes. Use thermometer to ensure doneness: 130°F for medium-rare and 140°F for medium doneness. Allow steaks to rest 5 minutes.
- To serve, smear a couple tablespoons of horseradish cream onto each plate. Place steaks atop cream. Garnish with thyme sprigs and sprinkle with finishing salt, if desired.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 27 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 100 mg
Sodium: 560 mg
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 1 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 24 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.