Linguine al Limone Recipe
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 3 to 4 Tbsp grated lemon zest (2 to 4 lemons)
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice (or more to taste)
- 1/2 - 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 box (16 oz) Metropolitan Market Linguine or Spaghetti
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil (optional)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large, deep sauté pan, stir the butter with the lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper over medium heat until butter melts. Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta as package directs. When pasta is done, take out 1/2 cup of cooking water and reserve.
- Drain pasta and add to lemon-butter in sauté pan. Return to medium heat and toss for a few seconds, adding some reserved water as needed. Stir in basil, taste, and adjust seasoning.
- Serve immediately with cheese and extra black pepper, if desired.
Ratings and Reviews
“This is a fabulous recipe with leftover salmon or shrimp or by itself. i make it often.”
“This meal is a family favorite, any celebration this dish is there. always accompanied with sautéed shrimp. as a 7th grader who loves nothing more than to cook in the kitchen, this meal cannot be beat for it's simplicity and fabulous result. ”
“Simplicity at it's best. throw in some sautéed shrimp, shallots or mussels and you are in business. ”