Summer Flatbread with Walla Walla Onions, Goat Cheese, and Speck Recipe
- 2 Tbsp butter or Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups sliced Walla Walla sweet onion, 1 large onion
- 3 to 4 (6-inch) Metropolitan Market Bakery Flatbreads (pita or naan)
- 2 to 4 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (4 oz) log Metropolitan Market Goat Cheese (original)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp thyme leaves
- 6 to 8 slices Metropolitan Market Speck or Prosciutto
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh arugula, thyme, or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat butter or olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until onions are very soft and golden brown. Cool slightly.
- Place flatbreads on a large baking sheet, brush with olive oil. Mix goat cheese and cream (beat with an electric mixer if you like). Spread mixture over flatbreads, top with caramelized onions and speck slices. Sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and edges of bread are toasted.
- Sprinkle with arugula. Cut into pieces. Serve warm.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 39 g
Saturated Fat: 15 g
Cholesterol: 105 mg
Sodium: 890 mg
Carbohydrates: 65 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 11 g
Protein: 19 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.