Summer Flatbread with Walla Walla Onions, Goat Cheese & Speck Recipe
- 2 Tbsp butter or Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups sliced Walla Walla sweet onion, 1 large onion
- 3 to 4 (6-inch) Metropolitan Market Bakery Flatbreads (pita or naan)
- 2 to 4 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (4 oz) log Metropolitan Market Goat Cheese (original)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp thyme leaves
- 6 - 8 slices Metropolitan Market Speck or Prosciutto
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh arugula, thyme, or parsley
- Melt butter (or olive oil) in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until onions are very soft and golden brown. Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place flatbreads on a large baking sheet, brush with olive oil. Mix goat cheese and cream (beat with an electric mixer if you like). Spread mixture over flatbreads, top with caramelized onions and speck slices. Sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or cheese is bubbling and edges of bread are toasted.
- Sprinkle with arugula. Cut into pieces. Serve warm.